Apr 25, 2011

Updates updates updates

 So here's a little bit of what I've been up to now that the semester is finally over, I'll have way more time to post on this  and keep my fellow friends up to date.  I have painted a lot since my last update( as you can clearly tell)I started a new painting and finished- it's of  my friend Robert.I've also had some time  to scan in some images from a sketchbook I made over last summer. I have one week left of classes and  that I'll be moving back home to Scranton to work on my portfolio for My masters degree.
  this is a little  self-portrait I did for my math final, yes yes I know I'm a senior in college and I took freshman  level math class, but it was fun. I wanted to post this  because it's probably one of my  best portraits  I've done in pencil.




   So these are my final paintings from a senior thesis, as you can tell the third one you've never seen on here before. I pretty much crammed my ass in the studio and busted it out in two weeks and I'm pretty proud of it, it is a good friend of mine that I've known for quite some time now. He is also a fellow artist and you check his work out here.

On Friday we were told where our show was going to be. Patrick McKay, our Dean,   informed me that I'm in the French building  main gallery, and that I have the center panel as well as the adjacent panel to the left. I guess all my hard work and restless nights from overthinking really paid off.

So theses are some of the sketches from that handmade sketchbook, I didn't post all them because I really don't like all of them.
  This is a drawing from a painting that I really like and for some godforsaken reason can't remember the name of the artist
 This is a drawing of an old friend of mine that I did  because I recently saw her  and thought it what would be fun to do a portrait of her

these next two  portraits I did for my head, this was my first attempt to draw my face from my head, I don't think it's half bad but it isn't the greatest thing I've ever done, and the girl was just something I was thinking of , and actually really looks like my friend Elly LaBranche- but there is no connection